Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Bay View Summer - SOLD


 















Bay View Summer  ~ SOLD!  Somebody liked this!

11 in. x 14 in., acrylic on cradled Masonite

$240 unframed (no frame necessary)

This painting began as a lovely photo taken by a fellow member of a Facebook interest group to which I belong.  She posted it and it and the row of colorful kayaks caught my eye and I thought, gosh, I'd love to paint that.  I commented on her post and asked her permission, and she graciously granted my request.  I found out this is a very special place on Lake Superior where her family goes every summer: Bay View Campground in Hiawatha National Forest. I painted the underpainting bright magenta to warm up the very cool greens and blues of the trees, sky and water, and to keep the sandy shore glowing and sun-kissed.    

Photo reference courtesy Carolyn Steenrod

No comments:

Post a Comment