Sunday, July 18, 2021

Tangerines on Blue - SOLD
















Tangerines on Blue  ~SOLD (somebody liked this!)

6 in. x 6 in., acrylic on gallery-wrapped canvas    
$100 unframed (no frame necessary)

This is a low-key little painting done in a classical style.  Blue and orange are my favorite complement pair, and this still life shows off the beautiful contrast of these colors in a way that I find so pleasing.  The muted blue of the understated surface and the way the tangerine skins glow reddish-orange where their round surface turns away from the light glistening off their pebbly tops was so much fun to paint.  I learned so much about creating convincing citrus in working through this piece.  I'll have to paint this subject again soon so that I don't forget how!  Photo reference courtesy of @nica.cn.art (via Unsplash).

No comments:

Post a Comment