Monday, July 15, 2024

French Breakfast Radishes














French Breakfast Radishes

8 in. x 10 in., acrylic on canvas

$190 unframed

To be honest, they tasted like any other radish.  I was excited; the seed catalog said they were prolific and mild.  I found their germination rate to be average and their flavor to be just like any other common garden radish.  And for sure, they were crunchy and peppery like, well, radishes are, and a gorgeous reddish pink with white bottoms.  But the NAME!  I'm not impressed with much but this was a fabulous feat of marketing genius.  When it came time to buy a packet of $3.95 seeds and the choice was between Scarlet Globe (yeah, I can SEE that), or French Breakfast... how could anyone resist?  The radishes in the painting above grew in my garden and were delicious, and deserved a portrait.  I hope you like it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment