Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Strawberries
















Strawberries 

10 in. x 10 in., acrylic on traditional-depth canvas    

$180 unframed

My fellow artist friend Pam of @arthavenstudios picked a whole bowlful of strawberries last June and had the audacity to post them on social media.  Her photo was so delicious I told her she ought to consider using it as a reference for art.  She is an accomplished print maker and I could envision a beautiful print of speckled strawberries done in her lovely, organic style.  She, instead, suggested I use her photo for a painting, and she might think about a print.  It was deal, I said, and this became by studio work-in-progress that I'd fiddle with over a busy summer as time permitted.  I still hope to see Pam's interpretation of her beautiful strawberries; maybe we could show our pieces side by side some time in the future.  I hope you like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment