Monday, June 5, 2023

Shroom With a View



















Shroom With a View

6 in. x 6 in., acrylic on gallery-wrapped canvas    

$100 unframed (no frame necessary) 

All I'm saying is that, one day, while leaving Tilton House of Pizza, there, on the ramp going down to the sidewalk, there lay this massive white mushroom slice. It was kind of Alice-In-Wonderland wonky and curvy and velvety, and, frankly, just plain HUGE.  I knew it hadn't launched itself off the surface of a to-go pizza, because it very obviously hadn't been touched by the ovens; no, this thick, supple slice was fresh produce. My best guess is that it very briefly graced the top of a salad, but, gravity being what it is, claimed it as its owner trundled down the ramp to their car.  I whipped out my phone, irresistibly drawn.  My husband asked me, "Are you taking a picture of that mushroom?"  Of course I was.  How could I not?  I believe the checked backdrop elevates this mushroom far above the non-slip-grip mat surface the wooden ramp on which the subject actually sat. Hail, big mushroom slice.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment